Monday, July 1, 2013

Fake Job Advertisements

Dear Readers,


  We all know how hard it is to land a job that you've been dreaming off as a kid.  Wearing high-heeled shoes (which I learned later on wasn't much of a comfort), perfect cut pencil skirts and very lady-like blouses, and also the thoughts of having to wear make up every day are what made me want to work in an office without ever thinking of the stress and difficulties working could give.

  But...what happens when here you are, all grown up, resumé ready, corporate attire laid out and ready to face your future employers, then you find out you've been fooled by the job advertisement you saw from the internet? 

  Yes, maybe we will have the same reaction. I'd be mad, furious or maybe both. 

  If you are wondering... YES! I was fooled into sending my personal information for an office-based position for this company along Quezon Avenue in Quezon City. Let me get things straight, I know that this company is operating legally. It's just I am trying to put to the public's attention one  of the people who is working for the said company as seller or distributor. This person posted on internet about office-based openings in their company. Such as Office clerks/ Office admins/ HR Associates and such.. (anyway, you will all see all her job posts as I will put screenshots of the ads she made along with this blog).

  Anyway, here I was one night, browsing through job listing on the internet when I chanced upon this lady's advertisement. Like how she instructed from her post, I sent her my fullname/age/educational attainment/location via text. Then the following day I got a schedule for my interview and a confirmation that I "passed" the initial screening ( I could swear that I haven't sent her my resumé) it shocked though I didn't pay much attention and replied that I will be able to attend their office's briefing and interview. Upon confirming, she has sent me the address to their office. She was also firm and mayabang-sounding to tell me that once I confirmed but failed to show up for the interview I will be blacklisted from the company and will never again have the chance to be employed by them. Oh, and also, in one of her text messages she sent to me, she informed me that a casual attire would do... Now.. that's taken me a bit stunned but happy 'cause I wouldn't have to wear my best clothes on a rather unpredictable weather.

  Now, here's the fun part. Following day, at 10:30 am, I reached their office at Quezon Avenue, what shock it was to find out that it was just close to where I used to work. Being that, I was also happy because I know this part of the city like the back of my hand. Anyway, I met with this woman who texted me and scheduled me for an interview, I handed her my resumé and showed her my valid ID as she required. She led me to a place full with people, and she found an empty table, so I sat down. Then, she went about introducing herself and their company, showed me their company's products and the magazine articles about the company. After a very looooong talk about the company, she now then told me that I NEEDED to purchase their company's products in order to be a member and be a distributor or seller. Ok, now, that's where she lost me. I told her that I was applying for a position in their office, and not as a seller. And then she rumbled on and on about how much of an income I'd be getting if I will be a distributor instead. And for that, I stood up and left.

  Following day, I was soooo pissed that I sent her a text message saying, "U posted fake job ads on the internet! Y wud u do that? Pwede kayo mareport nyan!".  To that she replied with "Excuse me lang huh bakit pinilit ka ba namin pumunta sa office namin huh. Pwede ba. Manahimik ka jan", and another text from her saying, "Kung ako sayo manahimik ka jan. First of all hindi ka namin pinilit pumunta sa office namin ok." After a few minutes getting those messages she called me, I took her call but I wasn't talking, so she went on with these lines, "Pwede ba manahimik ka d'yan. Hindi ka pinilit pumunta dito." then hangs up. 

  Yes, Ms Eddie Ann, you did not force me or should I say pilit me to go to your office, this is because I thought what you were offering was an office-based job and not as a distributor like yourself! Shame on you for trying to trick people who are trying to look for a job! God bless your heart, Ms Eddie Ann.

   If you try searching for her number, 09054179119, all the other deceitful ads she has posted will show up. 

  Thank you for taking the time to read this. Be very careful with your job search especially on the internet. God bless your search and may your hunt be on the right path. God bless!









3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Heads up! My God! She still using the same number and the Name of her company now is Fep.Inc. Co. Her name now is Ms. Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are truly welcome. Please spread the word to your family, friends and acquaintances. Thank you for reading my blog.

      Delete
    2. You are truly welcome. Please spread the word to your family, friends and acquaintances. Thank you for reading my blog.

      Delete